Friday, January 13, 2012

13 Fortunate Things

In order to counteract the very “Friday the 13th” Friday I'm having, here is a list of 13 random fortunate things:

A foresighted genius once looked at a pile of rotting fruit beneath the cacao tree and decided to try adding sugar

Someone then got peanut butter on said chocolate

They put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp*

A visionary at HBO said, “Let's do a show about nekkid vampires.”

Nicklas Lidstrom** took off his shirt for Cafe magazine

They sell booze on airplanes

In the Bay Area, one is rarely more than a block or two away from a decent cup of coffee

Free delivery and free egg roll with orders over $25

In spite of being born 18 years and half of a continent apart, I met and married my husband

Corsets went out of style as every day underwear

I no longer wear my hair like I did in 9th grade

The ubiquity of Ugg-style boots in malls across the US means this horrific fad has officially peaked and may now begin to fade into shameful footwear history

Tomorrow is Saturday


Today's lesson: Gotta take the good with the bad...

Next: Nary a clue...

_____________________________________________________________

*If you find yourself singing this the rest of the day, my apologies. 

**Four starters from the Senators in the All Star Game and only two Red Wings?!?!? What gives, people?

No comments:

Post a Comment