Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thank You Notes

Dear Dad,
    Thank you for always encouraging me to go where the water was a little deeper and the waves a little bigger... and for being right behind me as I did so.


Dear Mom,
    Thank you for finding it humorous and whimsical that occasionally I went out in public “in character,” (complete with fake accent) and for driving me to auditions and rehearsals rather than to the funny farm.    


Dear Brother,
    Thank you for (mis)spending countless hours of your youth hanging out with me on piers, eating tacos, and listening to rock albums older than we were.


Dear Husband,
    Thank you for being the type of man who will, without complaint, stand in the ladies' lingerie department and hold my purse while I shop for bras. (And then take me out to lunch to boot.)


Dear Cats,
    Thank you for allowing me to achieve my ultimate purpose as a human being by serving your every need/whim.


Dear Birds in the Tree Across the Street,
    Thank you for keeping the cats entertained long enough for me to write goofy blog posts.


Dear Internet,
    Thank you for providing me with all of the wonderful cat videos to watch when I can't come up with ideas for blog posts.


Dear Tomato Plants,
    Thank you for producing so many delicious tomatoes this year, in spite of my total incompetence as a gardener.


Dear Fermentation,
    Thank you for transforming good foods into great foods.


Dear Readers,
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Sincerely,
Michele Feltman Strider



Today's lesson: I have a lot to be grateful for.

Next: Something far less appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment