Friday, December 7, 2012

The Yummish Holiday Letter


I can't believe this year has come and gone so slowly. That extra day back in February really threw off my finely tuned system. It will be such a relief to return to the normal 365-day-per-year rhythm at the first of the year, assuming we survive the end of the Mayan calendar.

On the subject of harmonic convergences, my graduating class will celebrate our 100-year high school reunion next Spring... or summer... or whenever they schedule such things. Due to my advanced age, I don't precisely recall. I'm sure someone will send me an invitation or notice or business reply envelope with suggested donation amounts printed on the back.

Speaking of awkwardly strong-arming acquaintances into writing checks, my second book came out last March. Titled Hometown, it is currently available on in exchange for any number of cash equivalents.

The cats continue their reign of feline terror unabated and have established dominion over 75% of our living space, with the remaining 25% under the constant threat of invasion. All of our clothes, shoes, furniture, and electronics have suffered damage in the onslaught, with the cats often attacking our supplies of food and water as well. However, given sufficient tributes of furry toy mice, Whisker Lickin's treats, and cardboard boxes, we have found them to be benevolent, even affectionate, overlords.

In an effort to improve our understanding of the social and technological challenges humanity will face in the future, Jim and I undertook a revolutionary course of online study. After months of dedicated effort, we are both very proud to say that we have watched EVERY SINGLE EPISODE of both the original Star Trek television series and The Next Generation. We expect a certificate of completion from Netflix University to arrive in the next 6-8 weeks. 

We've also done a bit of traveling in the past year. In fact, we've been going essentially nonstop for the last 12 months and we are pleased to announce that we have (again!) circumnavigated the sun in a mere 52 weeks. We hope to continue our journeys in the new year.

As the year draws to a close, I leave you with this wish for 2013 – a prayer of sorts: Illegitimi non carborundum. 

Wishing you and yours the happiest and yummiest of holidays!

Michele Strider
& The Yummish Council

Today's lesson: There might have been something in that eggnog...

Dunno... Got any more of that 'nog?

No comments:

Post a Comment